Monday, May 23, 2011

Music Manumit Punkcast - 001

Eventually this will be a monthly punk*-only show of remixable Creative Commons music, brought to you my Doug of the Music Manumit Podcast.  Many of the tracks will have been played on previous Music Manumit shows, but eventually I'll run out of punk songs from that show.




Download ogg* (let me know if you want an mp3 version.  I can make that happen, it'll just take more of my time. :) )






"Uppkomlingen" - by GrÄsuggorna - (punk) - CC-BY-NC-SA - Website

"Punkpolice" - by Predator - (punk) - BY-SA-NC - Website

"frustrator" - by NO SE (punk) - BY-SA-NC - Website

"Punk Chicks" - by The A.G's (pop punk) - CC-BY - Website 
There's not likely to be a lot of pop punk on the show, but I like to reward groups that don't use the -NC.  Also, this is a song *about* punk, so I feel it's relevant.

"Glass" by The Smashing Pumpkins (punk...just listen to it) off MACHINA II (an "unreleased album") - CC BY-NC-SA - Website
If you have a better genre for this than punk, I'd be curious as to what people think of it.

"Something's Wrong" by Loudog (skacore) - CC BY-NC-SA - Website




*punk, skacore, hardcore and the punkier post-hardcore.  There will be very little, if any of what most people think of "post-punk".  There will also be very little, if any of what is commonly known as "Emo-core" or "Screamo" (old-school or 'real screamo' may be a possibility)

2 comments:

  1. So, I screwed up and didn't put the track I wanted to on the end. Well, here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4T3g4gGqHQ

    (and no, it isn't a Rick Roll, though that would have been a good one!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I screwed up and didn't put the track I wanted to on the

    ReplyDelete